It’s a holiday shortened week here is the U.S. but Synology has been pushing out updates. Three of the more popular packages received minor updates this week.
Media server received a minor update to bring it to version 1.4–2644:
- Fixed an issue where certain devices may not be identified properly.
- Minor bug fixes.
Plex Media Server
There’s no documentation as to what the update includes, but this brings Plex to version 0.9.12.19.1537-f38ac80 which is the latest version available on the Plex website. The version of Plex may vary, depending on the processor your Synology NAS uses, this was the x86 (Intel) version.
This is a minor update. Unless you’ve encountered one of the problems that have been fixed, or use CMS, it’s not critical. Version 7.1–4080 fixes:
- Enhanced UI performance on CMS host server under large scale deployment.
- Improved CMS pairing mechanism, allowing the setup of CMS structure in a limited network environment where the recording server cannot connect to the host server.
- Fixed an issue where video streaming in Live View may not work properly with limited network bandwidth.
- Fixed an issue where recordings in MJPEG format from certain cameras may fail to be played on iOS DS cam and Windows Media Player.