Synology released 5.2–5644 Update 3 earlier this week. Most of the fixes are security related so you should apply this update as soon as practical. If you haven’t already enabled it autoblock will be enabled after this update. This feature blocks an IP address if there’s a number of invalid logon attempts from that IP address within a set period of time. By default this is 10 invalid logins within 5 minutes. To change these settings open Control Panel, enable Advanced Mode, then click the security icon and select the Auto Block tab along the top.
- Fixed two security vulnerabilities of FFmpeg modules (CVE–2016–1897 and CVE–2016–1898).
- Fixed a security vulnerability related to Linux Kernel (CVE–2016–0728).
- Upgraded OpenSSL to 1.0.1q to address multiple vulnerabilities (CVE–2015–3194, CVE–2015–3195 and CVE–2015–3196).
- Fixed two security vulnerabilities of OpenSSH module (CVE–2016–0777 and CVE–2016–0778).
- Improved algorithm to enhance the security level for setting up port forwarding in DSM.
- Fixed two security vulnerabilities to prevent cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks.
- Fixed a security vulnerability related to GnuTLS (CVE–2015–7575).
- To enhance the security level, auto block will be enabled after this update.
Enhanced network stability when port forwarding is configured.
Upgraded PHP to 5.5.31.
So far I’ve applied the update to a DS1511+, DS212+ and DS214play without any problems.